Here are a few design considerations that we use when designing a Koi Pond.
• Size does matter. We prefer to design ponds with a minimum capacity of 5000 litres or larger. The bigger the pond the better for the Koi
• 80 cm - or deeper. Deeper is better. Does not take up any more space or proportionally more filtration.
• The design of the pond will be determined by the style of the landscape surrounding the pond.
• One or more bottom drains.
• The bottom of the pond must slope towards the drains and away from water falls or incoming water.
• We do prefer to install some form of surface skimmer.
• We install all our systems with Bio-filters, Sand Filters and UV Lights.